- Postal Training centre, Darbhanga started functioning in Bela Palace from 12th July 1966.
- The palace was constructed in 1934 by Maharajadhiraj Kameshwar Singh for his younger brother Raja Bahadur Visheshwar Singh.
- The palace and the surrounding land measuring about 65 acres were purchased from him by the then P&T Department.
- This is one of the six Postal training centers of India.
- PTC Darbhanga caters to the training needs of Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa and West Bengal circles. Induction training for PA,SA,PM(Grade-1) and IPOs are imparted here.
- Special training for Marketing executives and orientation course for trainers of WCTC are also organized.
- Apart from this refresher courses for PA,SA, and IP/ASP are also conducted here as per the target allotted by Directorate.
- Under the IT Modernization project, End user and User champion training are imparted for Finacle and Mc camish by Infosys personnel.